5) Boards of Canada – Tomorrow’s Harvest
In a year of comebacks, the year’s most thrilling comeback album was the Scottish duo’s bruised, nerve-fried first album in 8 years.
4) Mogwai – Les Revenants OST
Mogwai’s soundtrack to acclaimed French series Les Revenants proved one of 2013’s more rewarding albums and exposed them to a TV audience.
3) Mark Kozelek & Desertshore
In a strong year for Kozelek, his least imaginatively titled collection for some time harked back to some of his earlier material with Sun Kil Moon & even Red House Painters.
2) Mark Lanegan & Duke Garwood – Black Pudding
This woozy combination proved hit and miss live but delivered a great album.
1) Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds – Push The Sky Away
The album that just kept giving, on repeated listened, through 2013, kept revealing hidden details.